5.08.2008

The Trials and Tribulations of Home Buying

My life is about to become all about a home.

This past weekend, Ken and I had an offer accepted on a home in Shadyside, which is a very fun, compact little area within the city of Pittsburgh. The home a beautiful, old Victorian, deep red brick, gorgeous architectural detail within the brick laying, and a double gable roof. All of this wonderfulness outside makes up for the inside of the home, which is a total wreck.

And today I’m going to go through the home inspection process. I’m going in prepared with tons of research on what to look for when it comes to wiring, moisture, structure, roofing, etc. I’m nervous, but excited to go through this.

Check back soon to see if I’m still add that “excited” part to any of my sentences.

No comments: