5.12.2008

My First Home Inspection


I’ve lived through my first experience with a home inspection. The first place bought was new construction, so I had no real idea of how good, bad, and downright evil these little guys could be.

The good: turns out the general wiring and plumbing are in fine condition.

The bad: seems as though the place has a couple of leaks that involve things like “flashing” and “gutter work”.

The ugly: none of those leaks were mentioned in the seller’s disclosure.

So, I still love the place and know that I’m not willing to walk away from the home. I can’t; I’m emotionally invested now. Ken and I sent a letter over to the sellers anyway, just hoping they’ll want to do right by us and get some of this fixed. We’ll find out today whether or not I’ll have to find their new home and tp it.

No comments: