3.24.2008

The New "Me"

I started working at the Heinz School at Carnegie Mellon exactly two weeks ago. The process of reclamation has been both strange and familiar. There people are, for the most part, the same people with whom I worked 4 years ago. So, this is good because most of them are my friends. But some things do change.

Some people here shuffled around jobs and moved up in the ranks. This means new people have been hired. There’s one person who’s fairly new to Heinz who reminds me of someone I used to know.

Oh right, it’s the new “me”.

She hangs out with the old happy hour gang. She knows all good things going on around town. Students love to talk with her. She’s fun, engaging, stylish. She’s genuinely someone to whom everyone else in the school is drawn.

*sigh*

I’m not claiming that I have or had all of her pizzazz and flair that she does. But I am pretty sure she’s the new me in my old group of friends. Damn.

No comments: